Saturday, June 28, 2008

Inspiration


Adrian Grenier as Vince on HBO's "Entourage"ADRIAN GRENIER

"It's a daily, sort of eternal attempt to be aware," says Adrian Grenier (Entourage). "I try and turn off the lights as much as possible, I unplug all my appliances. I use eco-friendly light bulbs. I try and eat free-range, organic foods. I try to walk, if I can -- that's why I love New York, I take the trains. My home is a green home.

"I look at it as an investment: things may cost a little bit more, but ultimately it pays for itself, and then it gives you a little profit. People invest in all sorts of bizarre things, so why not invest in your quality of life and the environment?" 


BLAKE LIVELY 

"The CW has gone green, so we did a few public service announcements," says Blake Lively (Gossip Girl). "Afterward I felt hypocritical. I can't be telling people to go green and not do it myself, so I've been spending a few extra dollars on buying recycled paper towels and stuff like that. I plan to for our whole crew -- buy plastic mugs, so we don't have to use tons of plastic water bottles and try to [work] with the craft services people and have [reusable products] for everyone. It's important."


KELLY RUTHERFORD


"Our home that we're building has denim insulation, greywater system, solar pool and non-VOC paint," says the super green Kelly Rutherford (Gossip Girl). "We recycle. We go as far as saving our bottles at the house and then going to Whole Foods to redeem them. I'm like: 'Honey, this is a $1.50 for like 300 bottles.' He's like: 'We know it's going somewhere great.' So we do a lot. When we take food to go, we ask that they're not in aluminum because we know aluminum is the thing that's kind of top to recycle. And my son has an organic crib with an organic mattress and organic sheets. There's a great organization website called Healthy Child Healthy World and it's wonderful if you're a new parent. You know, you do as much as you can."


James Denton as Mike Delfino on ABC's "Desperate Housewives"JAMES DENTON


"Besides voting Democrat?" ask James Denton (Desperate Housewives). "A car dealer gave me a very nice vehicle -- an SUV -- that they wanted me to try because 'm on Desperate Housewives. I took it, I drove it; it got 13 miles a gallon, emissions were very average. My wife and I sat down and made the decision to give it back -- a free $70,000 SUV -- and we bought a hybrid. That's a start. We're working on other ways. We have the energy-saving light bulbs in almost the whole house. But mainly the hybrids. We ditched the free car, which was very hard to do, but it's the least we can do."


To check out more on celebrities who go green, click here. 

No comments: